You are about on a date playing bowling with your partner and you want to impress him/ her. We can help you with that. In this article, we will point out some common mistakes that beginners make and give you some tips to master the game.
Where to Look When You Bowl
You can look at various position depending on how low you want to release the ball. The position you look when bowling will also affect the outcome in score (from 50 to 100 in one game). You’ll be more accurate from just changing where to look.
- The arrows. You can lean towards looking at one of seven arrows pointing at the pins which is a third of the way down the lane.
- The dots. This set of dots can help you line up the shot and mark board numbers. It is halfway between the arrows and the foul line.
- The foul line. How low you release the ball depend on how close you look at the foul line. For instance, if you look at the dots instead of the arrows, the ball will come off three inches above the lane, instead of ten. However, this is rather a training instruction rather than permanent use.
Bowling etiquette is very important despite you are a beginners or experts.
- Do not stand on the approachwhich is the wood area where you stand in the actual bowling portion)l. Please stay out of this position if you are not bowling or picking up the ball. You should wait for your turn and as soon as the ball hits the pins, you should be making your way back to your seats.
- Don’t use balls that aren’t yours.
- Don’t yell or shout even if you hit all the pins. It’s just annoying.
- No mockery or taunting while bowling, especially in leagues and tournaments.
- Don’t hit or try to hit the pin-sweeper.
- Don’t throw several balls at once.